How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Camden smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home’s security system as it incorporates your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in total charge of your Camden home’s automation and security. Learn more about what it can do and find suggestions to get you started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Camden?
Wirelessly linking to components with radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You may arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you may even chat with whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also provides complete remote operation via the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Check real-time or saved video from any connected security cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Camden by programming schedules or establishing preferences. For example, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock if the fire alarm trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will be in the home and arms all devices except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and each sensor in the home will arm.
- To disarm, just swipe down on the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The home screen will display a notification if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open door will cue you to act. Keep in mind that you may still arm the system by following the steps above. You will then have to verify that you wish to circumvent the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Camden
Even though various users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will likely want to add another user at some point. Here’s how it’s done.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote capability, choose phone or email and enter the info to dispatch an request.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, proceed to the menu, press users, select the user you would like to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Camden home security system. Contact (856) 746-6164 to learn more.